Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits with Manuka Honey
Here’s a healthy take on these iconic Aussie Biscuits – so dear to our hearts on our special Anzac Day of Remembrance.
With more and more people being sensitive to gluten and grains in general, here is a gluten free version of our beloved Anzac Biscuits. (We’ve included quantities for Oats too!)
Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup organic quinoa flakes (or rolled oats - if you prefer but oats do have gluten)
- 1 cup organic coconut desiccated
- ¼ cup xylitol (or coconut sugar - if you prefer) optional
- ¼ cup coconut or macadamia nut oil
- 2 tablespoons Natural Life Manuka Honey
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a mixing bowl stir together ground almonds, coconut, quinoa and xylitol.
- In a small pan slowly heat the oil (if using coconut oil - it may be solid at room temperature but will quickly melt when heated) and honey.
- Mix the bicarb and water then add to the honey oil mixture and remove from the heat. The mixture will froth up in the pot so be careful.
- Pour onto the dry ingredients and mix well. If the dough is too stiff add a little more water but don’t make the dough too soft. Form into 24 small balls – flatten slightly and place onto a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 130-150C or until golden brown.