Natural Life™ Lecithin - The healthy fat that may help you slim!
We’re so conditioned to thinking that fat is bad for us, but there are some fats, like Lecithin, we simply can’t live without.
What is lecithin?
Lecithin is a lipid – a fat required for many processes in the body. Natural Life™ Lecithin is a pure soy-based lecithin supplement widely used to support fat metabolism, normal cholesterol levels and liver support.
Here are few ways Lecithin helps keep your body ticking:
- Lecithin is an important component of cell membranes, vital for healthy growth and function of cells.
- Lecithin is present in the protective sheaths surrounding your brain and nerves and is an important support for a healthy liver.
- It contains choline, a B vitamin related to brain development, memory and reduced blood pressure.
- Lecithin is a source of linoleic acid and linolenic acids, which work with other fatty acids to support cardio health, maintain normal cholesterol levels and manage inflammation in the body.
Why does the body need fats like Lecithin?
Despite its bad reputation, fat is essential to your general health and to the daily function of the body. Healthy fats like lecithin and fat from seeds, nuts, coldwater fish, olives or other plant sources are used by the body to:
- Provide a source of energy
- Maintain core body temperature, allowing vital organs to function properly
- Enable nutrient absorption cell membranes; particularly Vitamins A, D, E and K, which cannot be absorbed without fat
- Assist the metabolism and removal of non-desirable fats and other waste from the body.
How is Lecithin used by the body?
Lecithin is a crucial element in the building of the cell structure. It also assists in maintaining the health of cell membranes. This is important as the cell membrane allows nutrients to pass in and out of cells, and is the barrier to keeping unwanted elements out.
Lecithin – the fat that helps reduce fat!
It’s true! Lecithin is actually required by the body to support the breakdown of fats in the digestive system. Many people use Natural Life™ Lecithin to assist weight loss because Lecithin is known to assist with fat metabolism; the processes by which fat is dispersed, converted to energy and/or removed from the body.
Natural Life Lecithin™ - great for heart health too!
Lecithin is often associated with low cholesterol levels, and while we can’t claim it reduces cholesterol, research shows lecithin can increase the amount of HDL - good cholesterol - in the body. It may therefore assist to maintain or improve the ratio of good/bad cholesterol. In healthy individuals, Lecithin certainly assists to maintain normal, healthy cholesterol levels.
Further, its also thought Lecithin may support heart health by preventing unwanted fats from sticking to artery linings and transporting fats for either conversion to energy or removal from the body as waste.
Lecithin is a wonderful addition to anyone’s diet but can be particularly valuable for older adults. Natural Life™ Lecithin is 100% pure, soy-based and Australian-Made. Try it today!