A number of studies have shown that propolis has a wide range of antimicrobial properties but mostly in relation to human health. For example, numerous publications cite its effectiveness against viruses, bacteria and ever cancer cells". Propolis is also known to have the following beneficial properties in regard to human health: Antiviral, Anti-fungal, Anti-inflammatory & Anti-bacterial.
7 Ways Propolis Benefits Skin Due to its Antibacterial and Anti-inflammatory Properties
- Propolis is said to speed up the wound healing process
- Propolis is also said to be effective in reducing signs of cold sores
- Propolis is said to quell minor burns
- Propolis may reduce the appearance of wrinkles and smooth out skin, according to the site Bee Pollen Buzz
- Propolis may help keep you blemish free
- As a natural sealant, Propolis may also help skin retain more moisture to maintain a healthier, more vibrant complexion
- Propolis is gentle on sensitive skin, and can help reduce redness. This redness can be related to acne, as Propolis is said to be beneficial for individuals with mild to moderation forms of acne.
This article is written by David Rzepka and posted on his Blog http://blog.beessential.com/skin-benefits-of-propolis-extract/